Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Friday, June 19, 2009

Portfolios and Evaluation Completed


The books are officially closed on another year of school! The portfolios are ready to be delivered to our school district today. They are huge volumes, weighing about 8 pounds each and containing a record of our school year. Inside are the daily entries of all our days of school, lists of books, pictures, field trips, special events, projects, drawings, subject summaries, samples of work, awards, service projects, and on and on! I love having this wonderful record of all we have done. I remember early on in my homeschooling career, begrudging the requirement of the portfolios! But now, as I have just completed our ninth portfolio, I am very thankful that I have these precious volumes. Our children do enjoy looking back through them over the years and remembering special times in their lives. They are like keepsake scrapbooks and they give us the opportunity to see in a very visible and tangible way the progress they have made in their learning.

Our evaluation was Wednesday morning and today is the due date for the portfolios for our township. In a few weeks, I will get a phone call when it is time to pick them up at the school and add them to our shelf in our school room. When I retire from homeschooling, we will have 31 of these on our shelves! (Yes, I plan on keeping them all!)

Today, I already started taking pictures for next year's portfolios! Ivy is at Music Camp today! She already has started her schooling for next year : )

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

How awesome-I love it! Blessings to you sweet friend! Amanda:)