Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Friday, November 7, 2008

Salt and Pepper

Did you see the Fireproof movie? If so, you'll recognize this analogy! Mark and I are definitely salt and pepper! We are so different from each other, yet we go together nicely (most of the time!) This week on Focus on the Family, they were talking about the book The Two Sides of Love and the basic temperaments: Lion, Otter, Golden Retriever and Beaver. It was a great two days of broadcasts and if you missed it, go to www.family.org to listen.

Anyway, being totally opposite as usual, Mark is VERY HIGH in the Beaver category with a bit of Golden Retriever in him too. I don't know which one I would fit in the most, but I do know that I am LEAST like a beaver! So we could clash quite a bit and sometimes we do! But the key, the secret to a long happy marriage, I think, is appreciating each other's differences. Sometimes it is hard when you have two opposite people, but like salt and pepper, we go together. We are a team! And we need each other's differences.

Last night, we were told of an opportunity to go to a dinner theatre show tonight - just the two of us and it sounded wonderful to me! Yet my wise beaver husband knows that if we did that tonight, we'd be stressed out tomorrow with all that needs to be done this weekend. So for the sake of our sanity, specifically MY sanity, he decided that we should not go. Sometimes my balloon does need a string and Mark is a very good string! And I thanked him. He is right and I'll appreciate being less frazzled tomorrow.

No comments: