Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Monday, December 15, 2008

Have you read The Shack?



I just put up my first blog poll! It seems like everyone is reading the book called The Shack by William Young. A few weeks ago, I reserved a copy of it from the library and received it last week. I'm not finished with it yet.... and I'm not sure what I think about it or if I like it or not... It is a very different kind of book! I'll put a poll up later asking what you think about the book if you've read it.

2 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

I'm interested in hearing a little more about it...keep reading and blog about it later;) I'm always looking into different kinds of books-but as a mom (homeschooling and homemaking etc.) I want to read books worth my time too. Thank you for sharing!

Jenny said...

There is actually a website for this book - www.theshackbook.com and I think you can even read the first chapter there! Without giving too much away (this book is full of surprises!) it begins with the tragic abduction and murder of a little girl in a shack. The grieving father goes back to that shack years later and encounters God. The book attempts to answer the question, "Where is God in a world of unspeakable pain?" It is best read allegorically rather than litterally. Although I don't agree with everything I've read so far, it does give me much to ponder about. I think it is worth the reading although it is hard for me to find the time too. I'm just reading it slowly, little by little!