Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Thursday, December 18, 2008

My "baby" is 3 years old today!!!!!

Today is Jaden's third birthday and I've been choking up over it all day. The time has gone so quickly! I will never forget the complete and total shock and amazement I felt on April 15, 2005 when we found out that we would be having a baby after so many years!!! (Joel was 10 and Ivy was 8 1/2 when Jaden came!) I am still amazed! What a wonderful blessing and gift he has been to us. I will never cease to be thankful for the surprise gift of Jaden!

Earlier today, we went to Build-a-Bear and Ivy spent her own money for Jaden to make a cute little puppy! He plays "Jingle Bell Rock" and he is so cute! Jaden named him Douglas.

Tonight, we'll be having a family party with hot dogs, cake and ice cream. I blew up tons of balloons all over the house and we'll have party hats and noise makers! I'll put up birthday party pictures later.

For now, here are some pictures of Jaden.

Here he is the day of his birth! December 18, 2005



Where did that little baby go?!











2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to a little cutie!! BTW- you look about about fifteen years old in the picture where he was first born!!!

Jenny said...

Thanks Kelli!
Actually I was 35 when Jaden was born!! I was 25 and 27 when my first two came along so I felt much older with number 3!