Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our busy month!

For our family, May is the busiest month of the year! I have been so busy that I haven't been able to keep up with this blog very well, although there have been so many, many things I have wanted to write about!

This month included choir concerts, a wonderful Mother-Daughter weekend retreat, Mother's Day with my mom, and my mom's birthday, Track and Field Day, our anniversary, visits from friends, Mark's parents visiting from New York, my Dad and his wife visiting from Arizona, yard sales at our house, several dentist apointments, completing the painting of the kitchen, putting away Jaden's crib and getting him a "Big Boy Bed" and next weekend will be Joel's missions trip to Philadelphia!

These are some pictures from this month.


Jaden loved helping Daddy and Ivy plant the flowers this year!

Ivy and I had lots of fun on the Mother-Daughter retreat! Here she is with some friends in the rowboat. Later, Ivy and I went out on the canoe together. We had beautiful weather and a great time.
We ate s'mores after roasting marshmallows over the fire in the lodge.

We went on a sunrise hike - a very early morning, but it was nice.
My beautiful daughter
Grandma reading stories to Jaden on Mother's Day
Mark cooked lunch for us on Mother's Day. He grilled chicken and made everything to go with it too! Yum!
Happy Birthday Mom!
Jaden loves to help me make pancakes on Saturday mornings! I also wanted to show the kitchen door before it was painted.
Ivy found baby bunnies in the backyard. She kept them for a little while, thinking she and her friends could "adopt" them. They had them up in the clubhouse, fed them milk from an eye dropper and named them all - until I found out about it and insisted they be taken back to their nest and their mama!!!! Thankfully everything worked out well and the mama rabbit was happy to see them again.

Pictures of our completed kitchen! Everything painted, new floor, new ceiling, new tile board, new trim, crown moulding, etc. I love it! Thank you Mark!

My Dad and his wife Ginny from Arizona.
Daddy reading Jaden some Bible stories before bed - on his brand new bed!
Jaden's first time going to sleep in a big boy bed!!!! He told me he thought it was very nice, but he liked his crib better! Silly boy!


No comments: