Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Blueberries!

My mom knows how much I LOVE blueberries so the other day, she brought me a 20 pound box of them!!! Twenty pounds of big nickel-sized blueberries! YUM! I froze several bags of them and I'm eating quite a bit of them too! Last night I made the most delicious blueberry crisp. Even Mark liked it and he's not really crazy about blueberries (I just can't imagine!) Jaden loves blueberries too, of course. When I was pregnant with him, blueberries were about the only thing I could eat at one point because of terrible morning sickness. I even took bags of them to church to eat during the service when I felt nauseous! I must have eaten quite a few of them those months because Jaden has blueberry colored eyes!

Here is my recipe for blueberry crisp. If anyone has any other good recipes for blueberries, please let me know!

Combine 4 T. sugar and 3 T. flour and toss with 5 cups of blueberries. Place in baking dish. For topping, in a mixing bowl combine: 1/2 cup regular rolled oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Cut in 1/4 cup butter. Stir in 1/4 cup coconut. Bake in 375 oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.

No comments: