Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Olympian VBS starting soon!

Next Monday begins our church's VBS and I've been feverishly getting ready for it! Even though I've never been there for a VBS (we started going to Westminster in September), I'm teaching this year! It is all new for me and I'm actually a bit nervous! But I will have 5 helpers assisting me and I'll be teaching one of the kindergarten classes which is my favorite age to teach. I'm also responsible for decorating my classroom so I've been busy making flags, banners, medals, etc. Joel has been a great help, using his artistic talent to draw some posters of athltetes. I'm excited about the program and I think it will be a great week for the kids as they go through the book of Joshua and learn about being on God's team. Please pray for me and my "athletes" as we go through the week (July 28-31). Pray that God would work in their hearts and many would have their faith grow in Jesus.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Have a great VBS week. I'm so sorry I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday yesterday. I didn't remember until I was driving home. Well, belated Happy Birthday Jenny. I hope you had a nice day. It was good to see you all and we had a great week at camp.

Love,
Julie

Rae said...

Have a great VBS week. I'm so sorry I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday yesterday. I didn't remember until I was driving home. Well, belated Happy Birthday Jenny. I hope you had a nice day. It was good to see you all and we had a great week at camp.

Love,
Julie