Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Sunday, July 13, 2008

A new hobby for our family


Ivy read a book, actually one of the Boxcar children books, that was about geo-caching. Well that made her really want to try it herself! Mark has a GPS on his blackberry phone so we printed out some clues to nearby caches and went off exploring today at a nearby park to look for one. It was supposed to be an easy find near the bocce courts.... and we looked and looked and looked, but didn't find the micro-sized container anywhere! We'll have to go back another day and try to find it. I was amazed at how popular this "sport" is and how many caches are within a mile or two of our house!!!



Since we were at the park anyway, we decided to take a guided tour of the Amos Herr house that is open to the public on Sundays. It was a nice tour and the house reminded us very much of the house we lived in in East Petersburg. I love old houses! The most fascinating part for me was the library room where there was a collection of very old school books. I want to start a collection like that myself since I have a few very old ones already. My mom came along with us too - here are some pictures I took.























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok Ivy, what exactly is geo-caching? I've never heard of this but it sounds like a lot of fun! Please share more about it.

(By the way, I love your new haircut! It's perfect for your face! I bet it's a lot cooler too.)