Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's been a whole week since I wrote on here! Yes, we've been very busy but also my heart has been too heavy to write. Last weekend, we became aware of a very sad situation involving a couple we know and it has been difficult for me to process it. I keep being reminded that there is nothing too broken for God to fix. Nothing is impossible with Him! He loves to heal and restore so I will pray for healing for them. Have you ever gone through a time when you are overwhelmed with the knowledge of the sin and problems in this world? This week has been a time like that for me. But thanks be to God who sits on the throne! I know that He is sovereign and He is still working.

I'm in a Bible study on Weds. nights and we are studying the book of Dueteronomy. What an excellent, encouraging study it has been. I encourage you to read through that book and look for all the evidences of God's grace! You will be surprised, I think. Sometimes people mistakenly think that grace is a New Testament concept. But His grace is throughout the Old Testament because our wonderful heavenly Father does not change. He is the same, yesterday, today and forever. And what a great comfort that is!

No comments: