Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mom, I need an Egyptian costume TOMORROW!

First of all, I don't sew! I have a really nice sewing machine that my mom bought for me several years ago when I hoped to learn how to sew.... but never got around to learning. This urgent plea from my son last Tuesday made me get out that intimidating machine of mine and I tried my best to sew an Egyptian costume for him using a white sheet. Ivy had to help me - she's had lots of experience with her play sewing machine and she was a big help! After getting the machine threaded (which took over half an hour!), the rest was not too difficult, considering I was totally new at sewing!

Our church had a Family Fall Fest on Saturday for the elementary aged children and their families. Twelve countries were represented in the large gym at church with the youth group dressed in costumes from each of the countries. Children were to visit each of the countries and play a game or activity at each one. Joel represented the country of Egypt and that's why he needed a costume. However, it was needed several days early to be approved first by the youth staff - so I had really short notice! But I think it turned out fine. Here he is with Jaden and you can tell Jaden was having a great time!


Joel didn't want his picture taken, but I really wanted to get a picture of this costume that I worked so hard to make!

No comments: