Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Thursday, October 9, 2008

The joy of shopping with a toddler

If you saw a woman running fast all over the entire Sears store today - without shoes on, just socks.... well, that was me! I was chasing Jaden who thought it was very, very funny. He is faster than me. Especially in the slippery places. Why no shoes? Well I just had socks on my feet because I had been busy trying on shoes when the little guy disappeared.

And yes, I did get some great pairs of shoes! One nice brown pair of shoes regularly $45 on clearance for 4.99 and another pair of black shoes greatly reduced to 9.99. I love bargains like that! I needed shoes badly because my black shoes hurt my feet so much in church that immediately after getting home on Sunday, I put them right into the trash can!

It was our second day in a row at Sears. Yesterday, we bought socks! I think we'll stay away from there for awhile.

No comments: