Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Friday, October 31, 2008

Thankful for sleep!

Last night, I slept all night!!!!! It was wonderful and I feel so much better this morning! Jaden has been sick with a bad cough and Weds. night, he woke up at 3 AM coughing and coughing. He did not go back to sleep until the following afternoon! What made it worse is that I was up until midnight the night before completing necessary tasks. So I only slept from 12:15 until 3 AM. I was a total zombie yesterday morning!

I had to call Ivy's piano teacher and say we couldn't come. Mark had to get off work at noon so that he could have Jaden and drive me to Homeschool group where I had to teach my Kindergarten class. I was too exhausted and sleep-deprived to even drive!! Somehow I was able to teach the class without collapsing.

For the past several weeks, I've only been getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night at the most since my work keeps me up until midnight most of the nights. So I couldn't afford a night with less than 3 hours! That's why I was so wiped out.

But thankfully, last night, Jaden slept all night and so did I! I even went to bed earlier - around 10 so I got a really good 7 hours of sleep!!! I have come back into the land of the living!

And maybe this weekend, I'll get an extra hour of sleep too!

No comments: