Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's COLD!

Jack Frost makes beautiful designs in our sunroom.
The temperature in the family room by the fire is nice and toasty warm - 80 degrees. It is only 10 degrees outside. The coldest weather we've had in years!!!
Even our car is suffering! It usually only looks this bad when we are up in New York!!! This is the normal car look up there! Notice Ivy's signature in the back!

3 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Wow! If I could pass you some hot chocolate I would:) I don't know what that would do for the rest of the house though:). Pretty picyure. Blessings! Amanda

Jenny said...

Hot Chocolate sounds great! We have water now so maybe I should make some! We still have no hot water because our boiler still isn't working because of the frozen oil lines. Mark is trying to heat the oil tank with hot coals from our woodstove!! (I'm worried our house will catch on fire now!) And we are heating water on our stove for washing...we feel like pioneers!

Sweet Blessings said...

Jenny thank you for the sweet comment:) It's nice getting to know you! I've been meaning to tell you that we use a lot of the same curriculum too. Speaking of, I created a homeschooling network where we can share ideas, sell/buy books etc and encourage one another on this journey. I'd love to invite you-may you send me your email address so I can send the invite? Mine is kkandamanda@verizon.net . Blessings! Amanda