Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Friday, January 30, 2009

I've entered the world of Facebook!

OK, I finally did it - I got on Facebook! Oh my goodness, it has been like stepping back into time this week as I've seen pictures of people I haven't seen in over 20 years!! And it has been amazing hearing from so many classmates and old friends. I am so thankful for friends!!! And one thing that has really,really made me happy was seeing evidence of God's grace in the lives of many of my classmates. We went to a very strange legalistic school and despite coming out of that environment, so many are still walking with the Lord today. Three old friends are now Christian school administrators! And many more are devoted followers of Christ.

By the way, our son Joel wants his own blog now, but I'm probably going to let him post on here from time to time. He's got quite a gift with writing (NOT like me!) So sometime soon you may see a post or two from him - and I can almost guarantee it will be about football.

Speaking of football, GO CARDINALS!!!!!! Yes, I'm still a die-hard Redskins fan, but I would like to see the Cardinals win the big game. I love under-dogs. Even though the Steelers are a more local team. But my dad lives in Arizona, so that counts too! : )

Well its time to get off here - we are in the middle of potty-training...... and YAY! Today for the VERY FIRST TIME, Jaden told me on his own that he had to go! And he did! That was a very, very happy thing! Now if only we could bribe him into sitting still long enough to get a haircut......

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

I'm just catching up on my reading:) I'm on Facebook too:) Amanda Keovongsa. Also, Joel can sign up a page on the classical lifeschooling network too and blog there if you'd like. My daughter loves it and I'm more comfortable that it's not the whole world-wide web. He can create his whole page and everything. Feel free to ask any questions!! Blessings! Amanda:)