Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Poll

Well my last poll about The Shack was a dud! So here is a new one for you: Did you stay up till midnight last night to ring in the new year? We all did here - except for Jaden who is too young to care about a new year!

And speaking of the Shack book, I had to return mine to the library before I was finished reading it!!! I could only keep it for two weeks since there were holds on it and it could not be renewed. Two weeks was just not enough time for me - especially the busy weeks before Christmas! What was I thinking???!!!! But, honestly, it was not a great book, in my opinion. I thought it was poorly written and although it did give me things to ponder, I found myself disagreeing with it more often than not. Maybe some day I'll pick it up and finish the second half of it, but more likely I won't.

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

I voted both times! I love polls-always try and keep one up on my site-but i think I like them more than others click on them-lol. Happy New Year! Amanda:)