Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kissing in the Kitchen

It was March 5, 1989, that Mark and I first kissed! Can you believe it's been 20 years?! We both were Lancaster Bible College students and I was a freshman and Mark was a junior that year. Mark sang in the college choir and the first week of March was the choir's spring tour when they traveled to different churches and sang concerts. It so happened that I had gone home for spring break and the LBC choir was presenting a concert near my home in Virginia. Of course my family and I went to the concert - they looked forward to an evening of beautiful music and I wanted to see friends, particularly Mark! It was that night that I first heard Mark sing. He sang a beautiful solo, that old song "Sincerely Yours."


After the concert, all the members of the choirs were assigned different families to go home with to spend the night. Guess which choir member our family took home that night?! That was the first time Mark got to meet my grandparents and see my home. It was in the kitchen of my family's home before we all went to bed that he gave me a kiss! And twenty years later, we still are kissing in the kitchen every day!

Mark and Jenny 20 years ago

3 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

You guys look so cute:) It doesn't look like it was 20 years ago for either of you:)

Kelli said...

What a sweet story!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you kissed before marriage!

-Steve McClay