Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Goodbye Victoria Rose

Today is a very sad day. In a couple hours, I will be taking my mom and her cat, Victoria Rose to the vet so that Victoria can be put to sleep. Victoria is my mom's best friend and has been with her since 1992. Sadly, age, kidney failure and a thyroid condition have caused Victoria pain and suffering. My mom is broken hearted but takes comfort that she will see Victoria Rose again one day!

Psalm 36:6 "...O LORD, you preserve both man and beast."

And for those who have loved a pet who has died, I found a great website explaining why all pets go to heaven.

Victoria Rose is the black cat on the right.

No comments: