Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


I love Valentines Day! It is a wonderful day to be nostalgic, romantic and appreciate the ones we love. I know, every day is a day to love our families and friends and some people don't see a need to have a special day set apart for that. But I like special days! How boring if every day were the same. And a day dedicated to love is wonderful!!!

My mom and my daughter and I went out for lunch today - a special time for us girls! We went to a little tea shop in downtown Lancater on Mulberry Street called Pemberley Tea Shop. It is a beautiful, quaint, Victorian shop all decorated with mix and match pieces of furniture, chairs, china dishes, lace, linnens, and of course tea cups! I had strawberry cream tea and a tea cup of chili and a sandwich. And we all enjoyed wonderful deserts! It was such a calm and relaxing place and we three generations of girls enjoyed it very much!

Mark stayed home with Jaden and did a labor of love for me - he got our master bathroom all primed and ready for the wall paper. Soon we will have a beautiful master bath! I can't wait!

Joel is away on the youth retreat all weekend - and I miss him. It doesn't seem right for one of our family to be gone on Valentines Day.

Tonight after supper, Mark and I are going out for coffee just the two of us. I'm looking forward to that as well!

So happy Valentines Day everyone! I am so thankful for the ones I love, so many precious family and friends. And most of all for the One who first loved us and who enables us to love each other!

2 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Loved that last paragraph about God's love-so true:) If my family ever makes it to PA-let's get together at that tea shop! :) Blessings to you! Amanda:)

Lepidoptera said...

Tea rooms are favorite treats of mine too. How special that you went with your mom and daughter and that your husband was willing to let you do that.