Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A sprinkle of snow

This morning we woke up to a very light sprinkle of snow on the driveway. The kind that you take a step in and it disappears immediately. Hardly even noticeable. Imagine my confusion when I heard the radio announcing all the school closings! Even the shopping centers were opening late!!! What in the world is going on, I wondered. So I called my husband Mark and asked and he said that just a few miles from us, there was up to a foot of snow!!!! I'm talking like the next town!!!! And it's not like we live in the mountains where it can snow on one side and not the other! Really, really, really strange. So anyway, several of my friends were shoveling and sledding today in a foot of snow and I could look out my window at grass.

No complaints though - I am so ready for spring!!! >

No comments: