Welcome

Welcome to our place...just two steps away from the funny farm! To explain this name, whenever things get crazy at our house, I always say "Well, we are just two steps away from the funny farm!" As a very busy homeschooling family, things DO sometimes get a bit chaotic. But we love this life of living and learning together and there is never a dull moment!

The picture of the beautiful Amish farm on this page was taken while we were on the Strasburg Railroad.


Friday, February 6, 2009

Poetry

I love poetry! I am an assistant in Joel's 7th and 8th grade Literature class at our homeschool group and I am loving that! Last week, his teacher read this great quote:

Poetry is like an imaginary garden with real toads.

Think about that!

Here is a poem I really like.

Swift Things are Beautiful
by Elizabeth Coatsworth

Swift things are beautiful:
Swallows and deer,
And lightning that falls
Bright-veined and clear,
Rivers and meteor,
Wind in the wheat,
The strong-withered horse,
The runner's sure feet.

And slow things are beautiful:
The closing of day,
The pause of the wave
That curves downward to spray,
The ember that crumbles,
The opening flower,
And the ox that moves on
In the quiet of power.

2 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Are you a visual person too? I just love getting to know you-who knew computers could find a friend:) I'm thinking of posting poems on Sundays- I wrote three last night. It's a new mini passion for me and I'm having fun expressing with words. That picture yo took the other day of the snow in your sunroom could have inspired a poem:) Blessings! Amanda:)

Jenny said...

I would love to read your poems! Please post them!